NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi to all.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Littledog

Hi to all. Empty
PostSubject: Hi to all.   Hi to all. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:44 am

Hi all,
I got addictted to carbines from a friend who thought it a good idea to give me a few shots with his M1 a few months ago. Now i find myself trolling the web looking for info on M1s as often as I can-Whats happening to me?

We go out as often as I can get a weekend off and I make sure his M1 is always there. The problem is now I want one for myself.
His is an ex RUC M1 (not sure how to confirm that). Hope to ask a few ques of you guys and hope to sometime soon purchase one for myself.
Fist ques-Where is a good place to search for one in NZ and as I am after more of a range shooter than a collectors carbine what is a good brand to go for-M1 GI types or a later commercial brand????

Cheers all.
Back to top Go down
billyvan
Admin
billyvan

Hi to all. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to all.   Hi to all. Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:11 am

Hi Littledog,

Welcome aboard the forum.

It's a common story, had a go with a friends one and was hooked, I know that's how I started Smile

Even though I hate to say it, Trademe is one of the most common sources these days, but as with most things Trademe, it is at a premium.
Gun auctions are always a good source as well, I know Teds auctions in Wellington always have a few in every auction.
As for the best ones to get, that's really a personal preference, I have all x GI, as that's where my interest lies, but there is also merit in the later commercial etc ones as well, if that's your preference.

I guess the choice is yours, but i am sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from whichever you choose, but be aware they are highly addictive, and one is usually never enough Smile
Back to top Go down
Littledog

Hi to all. Empty
PostSubject: Thanks billyvan.   Hi to all. Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:36 am

Thanks billyvan,
Im a bit lost as to GI M1 or commercial-will keep researching until I see something come up.
Cheers and thanks for the welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi to all. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to all.   Hi to all. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi to all.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group :: Members :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: