NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help in dating my M1 Carbine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jkroberts_us

Help in dating my M1 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: Help in dating my M1 Carbine   Help in dating my M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:58 am

Several years ago I bought an M1 Carbine from a friend. It is marked Inland with a serial number 969079 right behind the rear sight. According to serial number info I have seen it would have been manufactured in the early 40s. When I took it to a gun shop for an appraisal I was told that it was probably a Korean War era rifle due to the adjustable sight and bayonet mount. The only other markings I can find are US Carbine Cal 30 M!. I do not think the stock is origional due to the fact that there are no markings. It looks and shoots great. Any opinions or ideas about its date?
Back to top Go down
Tuna

PostSubject: Re: Help in dating my M1 Carbine   Help in dating my M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:22 pm

I know this post is about a month old but your serial number would indicate about November 1943 for your carbine being made. Have the adjustable rear sight and the bayonet barrel band means it did go through a rebuild like the vast majority of them did between 1948 and Viet Nam. Most likely done during the Korean War time frame.
Back to top Go down
jkroberts_us

PostSubject: Re: Help in dating my M1 Carbine   Help in dating my M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:29 am

Thanks for the imput. I want to sell the rifle but I also want to be fair to myself and the buyer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help in dating my M1 Carbine   Help in dating my M1 Carbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help in dating my M1 Carbine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group :: General Disscusions :: Off Topic-
Jump to: