NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Bavarian carbines.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikey 51
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Bavarian carbines.   Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:23 am

There are many of these Carbines, used post war, by civilian, German, law enforcement agencies in New Zealand. I am looking for info on any of them. They can sometimes, but not always, be identified by the last four digits of the serial number being stamped in the slingwell, on top of the bolt, on the slide or under the handguard. The term Bavarian is a very "loose" term used by collectors to describe those carbines used by Germany and Austria. I really need a picture of one of these with Bavarian Prison Guard, stamped on the top of the left receiver rail. can anyone help. It will probably look something like this one of mine. Thanks, Mike.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
robro59

PostSubject: Re: Bavarian carbines.   Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:04 pm

Just found this site. Don't know if you found a lead yet, but a good friend of mine runs a great site--BavarianM1carbines.com. Should have all the info you seek.

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STU

PostSubject: Re: Bavarian carbines.   Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:09 am

yea Mikey they are a VERY interesting carbine to collect the Bavarian Carbines are somewhat original i have a Std Prods that is original as manufactured with the Bavarian markings and the last 4 digits of the S.N.# stamped on the major parts of the rifle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bavarian carbines.   

Back to top Go down

Bavarian carbines.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1