NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carbine stuff

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jester
Private
Private

Carbine stuff Empty
PostSubject: Carbine stuff   Carbine stuff Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:18 am

Here are some pics of carbine accessories, some rare, some not so rare.

Carbine stuff Transport

Top is a standard GI valaise, second from the top is the poorly designed M1 'holster' (the thing actually has a belt loop on the other side!) and bottom is an M1A1 jump bag. I tried on the holster once, it hangs pretty much to my ankle and makes even walking difficult. My splits in IPSC would suffer I suspect!

Carbine stuff Invasion

This is an "invasion bag", the green plastic sacks that troops who were to land on the beach were issued to wrap their rifle/SMG in to keep it dry. Has 1944 and a part number stamped on the other side.

Carbine stuff M2

This is my M1/2 all dressed up. The round thing above the mag is the mount for the grenade sight below, the white thing is plastic impregnated paper with instructions on how to use it and suggested range settings. All comes in the little pouch below. The thing above the barrel is a muzzle cover, designed to fit the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine or other light arms.

Anyone else got stuff to show and tell?
Back to top Go down
Mikey 51
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Carbine stuff Empty
PostSubject: Great Post !   Carbine stuff Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:51 am

Thanks for sharing jester, good stuff !. I got plenty to come yet. Any chance of a pic of that backwards Z on your Rock-Ola ?. It's just another subject that we have been putting in the "Unsolved Mystery Bag".
Thanks, Mike.
Back to top Go down
billyvan
Admin
billyvan

Carbine stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbine stuff   Carbine stuff Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 6:45 pm

Some very nice gear there Jester, again I feel a bit short on my collection (yet again compared to you guy's Sad ).

Mike has posted a picture of some of his later carbines in the introduce yourself section, The flash hider on the middle one wouldn't be that common would it?
Back to top Go down
billyvan
Admin
billyvan

Carbine stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbine stuff   Carbine stuff Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:27 am

I finally got the time to take some snaps of my accessories so far.

I have two of the grenade sights and a cleaning rod & pouch.

Carbine stuff IMGP4249

I think the cleaning set up is for the garand, but I don't mind if you correct me.

The pouch is marked like this.

Carbine stuff IMGP4250

And contains only two sections.

Carbine stuff IMGP4251

Top of the handle has this stamping.

Carbine stuff IMGP4253

As I said in the previous post, my very small collection Crying or Very sad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carbine stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carbine stuff   Carbine stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carbine stuff
Page 1 of 1