NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sight Adjust ment tools

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IBM

Sight Adjust ment tools Empty
PostSubject: Sight Adjust ment tools   Sight Adjust ment tools Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:18 am

Any one got one ?
need to adjust my rear site almost fully to the left to be on target. would like to center it a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
billyvan
Admin
billyvan

PostSubject: Re: Sight Adjust ment tools   Sight Adjust ment tools Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:17 am

Is there an original issue one? Have you got a picture, or a link to a site that shows what they look like? I don't think I have seen one before. Rolling Eyes

Or are you just after something to do the job Question

I am picking we are talking fixed flip sight, rather than an adjustable one.
Back to top Go down
woodsy
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Sight adjustment   Sight Adjust ment tools Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:54 pm

IBM, the chances are that the barrel may be slightly bent to the right on your carbine, or that it has been rebarrelled and the new barrel has been nipped up a fraction too far. This would have the effect of positioning the frontsight blade slightly to the left of the bore, making the rifle shoot to the right. You can check this by stripping your carbine and placing paralells on the barrel flat and action flat on the underside. If all is correct they will be in line. Either of these problems can be easily corrected.
Back to top Go down
Mikey 51
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Tools.   Sight Adjust ment tools Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:28 am

There were two developed, one for the leaf/flip, and the other for the adjustable. I'll try a leaf pic first. Mike.

Sight Adjust ment tools Leaf_adjuster
Back to top Go down
Mikey 51
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Adjustable Tool.   Sight Adjust ment tools Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:53 am

Can't get the pic thru tonight, will try again tomorrow. Mike.
Back to top Go down
Mikey 51
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Adjustable rear sight Tool.   Sight Adjust ment tools Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:50 am

Sorry about the bad pics but I had to take them from a book. Don't forget the groove the sight base slides into is tapered. The left hand side is the small side so they have to be removed from left to right. Pushing the base of the sight too far to the left may damage your receiver. Another thing to consider is that if you move the sight base you may be damaging the original "staking", which from a collectors point of view is a bad thing. Hope this helps. Mike.

Sight Adjust ment tools Adjustable-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sight Adjust ment tools   Sight Adjust ment tools Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sight Adjust ment tools
Page 1 of 1