NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

War Baby shoot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jester
Private
Private

PostSubject: War Baby shoot   Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:36 am

How about an M1 carbine shoot? I know ASRA and WSRA both have "carbine days", but this attracts everything from the AR15 M4 clones to SKSs. I held a "War Baby" shoot on the 100m range at the New Plymouth pistol club when I was a member there. Only got three shooters, but we had a lot of fun, and a lot of other people turned up to have a look. Club President thought we should do it again as the reason for low turnout was poor advertising of the shoot. I would have, but moved away a few months later with work.

Lots of guys have M1s out there in A and E cat forms. I'm in Auckland now and there is plenty of opportunity to get a decent group together and have a shoot. If someone has a decent bit of farm land we could even build in a "Jungle Lane" component!

Waddaya think??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyvan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Baby shoot   Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am

Jester wrote:
How about an M1 carbine shoot?

Lots of guys have M1s out there in A and E cat forms. I'm in Auckland now and there is plenty of opportunity to get a decent group together and have a shoot. If someone has a decent bit of farm land we could even build in a "Jungle Lane" component!

Waddaya think??

What an awesome idea Exclamation It would be a bit far for me to come to Auckland to participate, but if you get it to work, would love to see some photos of a group of war babies on the range Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I don't think I have ever seen more than two together on the range at any one time Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jester
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: War Baby shoot   Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:03 pm

Yeh, it's a bit sad really, lotsa people have an M1, but how many actually get them out there? ASRA short range champs at Ardmore are an example. The range is 100m, 25-30 odd shooters turn up every time, but in a sea of AR15s and Sig 550/PE90s there are only 2 M1s. Must admit I'm guilty of using my 'black rifle' in preference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyvan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Baby shoot   Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Now you have me thinking about this, I may be able to organise to get a few of us Canterbury M1 Carbine owners together for a section in the monthly Antique arms shoot here.

We have a service rifle detail already, so we may be able to piggy back on that so to speak. Very Happy

Watch this space

Mikey 51
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Billyvan   Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:09 am

We'll need a few of these boxes to get to Auckland and take those guys on. Kinda cute, don't you think ?. What will Air NZ say about that !. Mike.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
IBM

PostSubject: Re: War Baby shoot   Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:10 am

Jester wrote:
Yeh, it's a bit sad really, lotsa people have an M1, but how many actually get them out there? ASRA short range champs at Ardmore are an example. The range is 100m, 25-30 odd shooters turn up every time, but in a sea of AR15s and Sig 550/PE90s there are only 2 M1s. Must admit I'm guilty of using my 'black rifle' in preference.

As 1 of the 2, I would be keen to take part in a "warbaby" shoot. not the worlds best shot but love to shoot the old girl. Rather than a plastic bunny gun Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billyvan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Baby shoot   Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:54 pm

IBM wrote:

As 1 of the 2, I would be keen to take part in a "warbaby" shoot. not the worlds best shot but love to shoot the old girl. Rather than a plastic bunny gun Smile

It is a sight to see, a friend of mine here in CHCH who has a Roc sometimes takes his to the West Coast range, only issue is everyone else wants a go, and ammo generally disappears in a big hurry Shocked

They are such a fun rifle to shoot though Exclamation pirat

billyvan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War Baby shoot   Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:17 am

The next shoot of the Christchurch Antique Arms is being held on Sunday the 30th of September, I will take two of mine and see if I can get a couple of others there as well, even if they are not all shot, I will try and get a few pics of them all together.

If you want details of where and what time it is, and whats required to participate in the shoot, just post a question, or E-Mail me.

Alex.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Baby shoot   

Back to top Go down

War Baby shoot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1