NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jnland value

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HarryL

Jnland value Empty
PostSubject: Jnland value   Jnland value Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:59 am

It's time to sell one of my safe queens to finance a new "need it", but never having been a serious student of the M1, I'm having trouble putting a value on it and could use some help.
Serial # 5129XXX , Manufactured by Inland Mfg, barrel is stamped: INLAND MFG. GENERAL MOTORS DIVISION 4-44
There is a small import stamp under the barrel between the bayonet lug and the muzzle that reads: ARL. ORD. ARLINGTON,VA.
2 Stock cartouches: NPM over FJA and crossed cannons in a circle, also, TRIMBLE over TN in the hollow behind the (missing) oiler. "Low" wood, wind. & elev. adjustable aperture rear stamped P1 (or PI), push button safety stamped M.
I bought it some years ago from a Korean War vet I worked with, and shot it a few times, but it's been a safe queen since then. Wood, metal, & bore are absolutely great, and light years ahead of any of the gunshow beaters I see. I'm not a serious carbine collector and can't comment on the "correctness" of it's configuration, but it's in super fine condition.
I'd sure appreciate any opinions on it's value. Thanks
Back to top Go down
creeks

Jnland value Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jnland value   Jnland value Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:10 am

Can't say on the value, but ARL. ORD. ARLINGTON,VA. was a major importer of M1 carbines from Korea into the U.S. in the early 1990's. They were selling for around $129.00. I bought one at the time. It is a mix master, but my son had a good time shooting it when he was growing up.

Arl. Ord. may have also imported a few from Israel or South America, but I believe the vast majority came from Korea.
Back to top Go down

Jnland value
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group :: Collecting :: Questions-
Jump to: