NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help identification

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
softail817

help identification Empty
PostSubject: help identification   help identification Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:42 am

I have a carbine that has no markings except for a serial number and what looks like a cartouche of a flower with an arrow going thru it. any info would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
billyvan
Admin
billyvan

PostSubject: Re: help identification   help identification Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:02 am

Sounds interesting, lack of identification could mean a number of things.

Does it look like the usual areas that should have held markings have been tampered with?

What is the serial number that is visible, just substitute the last 2 or three digits for XX if you don't feel comfortable posting the full number on the net Smile (and where is the serial number on the rifle)?

Photos are always helpful, as they can help others pick up on anything that could identify the rifle Smile

And lastly, welcome to the forum, and where are you based? NZ/overseas?

Regards

Alex.
Back to top Go down
softail817

PostSubject: identification   help identification Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:42 pm

The serial # is 04336, does not look like the weapon was messed with as in any grinding marks or any other molestation. There is the letter P by the trigger assembly on the stock. The only other marking I can find is on the underside of the Barrel the letters are
HP
Back to top Go down
softail817

PostSubject: Identification   help identification Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:06 am

I found out what carbine I have, it's a howa royal thai police, anyone know the approx value of one of these?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help identification   help identification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help identification
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group :: Collecting :: Questions-
Jump to: