NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NZ M1 Carbine Collectors Group

Discussion board for collectors of WW2 M1 Carbines

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

m1 carbine numbers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chopper05

m1 carbine numbers Empty
PostSubject: m1 carbine numbers   m1 carbine numbers Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:40 am

hello i am a new guy to m1s so i dont know to mutch my grandfather has a m1 carbine he said he got it along time ago frome some guy it hase some marking carved in the stock dont know if its from the war or after that i think it is a rock ola that is the only marking i can find on it it has no nubers at all on the reciever did other countries git a hold of them and grind everything of or does that meen that it is stolen i would realy like to take it out and shoot it but i dont wont to get in trubble with it if anyone can help me i would realy be graetful thanks
Back to top Go down
billyvan
Admin
billyvan

m1 carbine numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: m1 carbine numbers   m1 carbine numbers Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Chopper05,

Sounds like an interesting Carbine your grandfather has, can you please let me know what country/city you are in, so I can see how I can best help you.

Cheers

Alex
Back to top Go down
chopper05

m1 carbine numbers Empty
PostSubject: carbine   m1 carbine numbers Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:13 pm

i am located in the usa northern california unfortunately
Back to top Go down
billyvan
Admin
billyvan

m1 carbine numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: m1 carbine numbers   m1 carbine numbers Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:19 am

Well that makes it a little bit more difficult for me to come have a look at it Smile

I did hear a story about special forces during WW2 removing markings off equipment, it went along the lines of not letting the enemy know who the gear belonged to, but I could never see how that would work, as I'm sure the enemy were aware of the equipment used by their enemy, as we were.

I wouldn't say it made it stolen either, but sounds like a bit of a puzzle for you to work out Smile

As I am not aware of the laws governing markings/serial numbers in your part of the world, I cant comment on how it would be received on the range, probabally best you ask first.

Hope some of this is helpful.

Cheers

Alex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

m1 carbine numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: m1 carbine numbers   m1 carbine numbers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

m1 carbine numbers
Page 1 of 1